Sunday, September 14, 2008

Friday Night Football

Friday night, we decided to play a little family football in the front yard. I told Will we were going to play, and he disappeared for about five minutes and came back in full hog uniform, helmet and all. Kate didn't quite get the concept of running with the ball-she preferred to hold the ball on her head and run around in circles until Will took her down. Eli was our official center. He would squat down by the ball and repeat us, saying.."down...set...hut-hut", then he would laugh and fall down. I can tell Nate misses getting to go full throttle and take people out; on more than one occasion, I was tackled at the knees and layed out on the ground. The linebacker in him is just couldn't show mercy on any of us. Will enjoyed the game the most and assured us that his team won because he was the fastest. All in all, it was a lot of fun. Both Will and Kate did however, have to run snake drills and do bear crawls for unsportsmanlike behavior on the field. Nate was having too much fun if you ask me. Nate was being so serious as he had us huddle up, take a knee and began the motivational speech, I was laughing so hard, I cried. He ended with a little "Brown!" on three. It was hilarious...Josh, if you need a linebacker coach (or hitting dummy) at Shiloh, I may know the man for the job!



3 comments:

Angela said...

So sweet. I'm still waiting for the pic of Eli and the guitar.

The Jordon Family said...

How fun! Family times like that are priceless.
By the way, Alicia I wanted you to know that last night before bed Micayla informed me that Will looked very handsome at church yesterday. She was very serious and never giggled or anything. Mica is a little concerned but I think it's sweet! :)

Josh and Kate said...

Alicia, that is hilarious! I'll have to make sure Josh reads this one. Glad you all had fun!