Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Attempt #2

Well, our first attempt was unsuccessful. He managed to maneuver around the tape and chew through the gauze to win the victory prize of sucking his thumb. Tonight, we have tried taping mittens on his hands. When I went in to check on him, it looked like they were in tact and he was sound asleep. One small victory, but still a victory.

At first he liked it; then he realized that they were keeping him from his beloved thumb...not a big fan anymore.

5 comments:

The Jordon Family said...

When Aca was little he had 2-3 paci's going at once, we had to give them to the "babies that needed them"(trash)because his two front teeth wouldn't drop all the way down. They did once the paci's were gone, after a while. Needless to say those paci's were his life. He chewed on them like a cigar, it was weird. Anyway, don't give up-there is hope!!

Kari Beth said...

Oh Alicia! You must stop being so mean to that little baby! I am on TEAM ELI and think that he should get to suck his thumb!!! Ha Ha :)

Nate and Alicia Brown said...

I'm having a hard time with it too. Its just so sweet to watch him suck his thumb. Nate is paranoid that it will affect his teeth, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to give it up yet. Its like taking away his "babyness" and it breaks my heart to let it go.

The Jordon Family said...

He'll be fine! Don't let the babyness go yet. It will be gone before you know it so hang on to it! It's hard enough letting them grow up.

Unknown said...

Ryan was just looking at theses pics of Eli and said.. "Eli's the one... he's going to be the minister in family". He thinks he smiles just like him... I guess that means he's going to be a minister?????