Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Little Man goes to School

My mom asked me if I would cry on Will's first day. I confidently informed her that I would not- it wasn't any different than bringing him to her house each day. She smiled and said, "Oh, you'll cry." Well, as always, Mom was right. As we walked down the hall, he just looked so big. He was in his uniform, looking cool and tidy with his shirt tucked in, backpack on and lunch box in hand. Out of nowhere tears start welling up in my eyes. My little boy is growing up...its official. He was calm and collected as he went in his room and put his backpack up as if he had been doing it for years. He gave me a big hug, promised to make good choices, and said I could go. As I was walking out the door, he blew me a kiss and said, "I love you, Mom." I am not worried about him adjusting. I know that he will do great. He will love school. Its just hard to believe he's growing up...the last five years have gone by too fast.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Look at him with his belt on already! I couldn't even send Belle in a belt yet... she wouldn't know what to do. That will definitely be a 1st grade thing for us. I'm way impressed.

The Jordon Family said...

Alicia , he is such a good boy! I am so glad he's in class with Micayla! He was so sweet when I told him bye and to have a good day...
I think they are really going to have a great class!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!! I had a feeling you might get a little teary. :) You're such a good Mom...you and Nate have raised such a polite (not to mention handsome) young boy. He's a DOLL!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a cutie!! :)

Annie said...

ok, seriously, am I supposed to get teary-eyed just reading that? What a sap you are! :-) He is adorable.

Kari Beth said...

Gosh...he is such a cutie! And he is so smart! Remember he told me yesterday...you can never hate God! What a sweet boy!

Amanda said...

I can't believe the boys are old enough to go to school. We have to get together soon!!

Chris, Sarah, Kate, and Benjamin said...

That breaks my heart! He looks so cute in his uniform.