Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our First Dose of Christmas

First of all, we had a great Thanksgiving with family this year. My granddad and aunt (on my dad's side) came up from San Antonio to celebrate with us and meet Brady and Liv for the first time. We also got to see MANY cousins from my mom's side of the family and had a great time catching up.

The kiddos on Thanksgiving...Liv wasn't too excited about taking pictures!

While my granddad was in town, we got to celebrate our first christmas of the year. Grandad and Aunt Brenda spoiled the kids rotten with presents, clothes and candy. Will, Kate & Eli enjoyed every minute of it too!

Grandad Blackwell and the kids

Pop and Eli rockin' on the guitar

Mommy and Liv were there too! (Will took this shot.)

Daddy got to put lots of things together...don't let him fool you; he likes to tinker!

Will checking out his new transformers.

Miss Kate with her swimming Dora meremaid...a few minutes after this photo, she was in the bath tub trying her out!

Four generations of Blackwell boys...I mean, MEN.

We started decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving and little by little we are getting it up. We all decorated the tree and put up the nativity scene. Daddy and Uncle Jared put lights on the house, and the kids each got to decorate their own little trees.
Six stockings hung by the fireplace with care...

The Brown boys hard at work...having a roofer in the family comes in handy! Thanks Jared!

On Sunday, November 29th, we had parent/baby dedication at the church. Livia and Brady got to be dedicated together which was pretty neat.
All smiles getting ready for church (Blaire Perry took some pictures of us that day too, but I don't have them yet)

And one last little note, we no longer take the pacifier but instead prefer the 3rd and 4th finger. I tried to keep it from happening, but she did it anyways! Will and Kate never sucked on anything; Eli STILL sucks his thumb and now Liv sucks on her fingers...ahh, what fun habits I'll get to break one day! :)

3 comments:

Kari Beth said...

I hated that I missed baby dedication! I went to LR that Sunday to see my aunt! Ugh. Your house looks great. Wanna come decorate mine? Ha!

Brooke said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving/early Christmas. I hate it that we missed it, but we will be there for real Christmas:) Liv looked pretty for her dedication. And Im so glad Ava hasn't figured out how to suck on her fingers ( just her toes).

Bettina said...

I love all the pics... did Rachel do all the fancy ones. Love it!