I apologize for my absence from the blogging network over the last couple of months. The weeks have flown by and we have been taken with them. Since I last posted, we celebrated Eli's first birthday. Its hard to believe he is already one. My tiny 6lb. 12oz. baby is now a 20lb. 4 oz. little boy. Although his looks and weight have changed, he is still the most content, happy bundle of joy a mom could ask for. His smile continually brightens my day. To celebrate we had a small, family party for him which was extra special since Uncle Ryan and Aunt Chi-Chi were able to fly in from "the bridge" (Golden Gate) and attend. Eli had lots of fun being the center of attention at the party, but strongly disliked the cake. Much like his older brother, he did not appreciate having his fingers and face covered in icing...i thought boys liked making messes; maybe that comes with age!
On a different note, we have also had to say goodbye to our closest friends. Over the last year and a half, we have greatly enjoyed having Steven and Brooke live so close. Always in the past, they have lived a good distance away, and we were only able to see them once, maybe twice, a year. Needless to say, we have been spoiled having them in Fayetteville. Every week we spent countless hours talking, playing with the kids,eating out, watching movies and enjoying our moments together. The kids always looked forward to the next time they got to see them. Brooke and Steven poured a lot of time and love on our kids, and the kids love them. This last Sunday, the Johnson's packed up and began their journey back to Charleston, South Carolina. They always enjoyed living there and just felt it was a good fit for their family. For us it is bittersweet; we are happy for them, but we will greatly miss their company. The kids are already asking when we can go to the beach and see them and the doggies again. Please pray for them as they begin moving in to their new house and start new jobs. They have already faced many setbacks and frustrations, but nothing that cannot be overcome. We look forward to going out their to visit. We loved the Charleston area, its history, beauty and southern charm...who knows, maybe one day we'll end up there ourselves!
I promise to post some pictures of of Eli's party and the kids soon. Its feels good to be back!
My Baby Delivery- Channing
11 years ago

2 comments:
Yes! Welcome back! I've missed your blog updates! Now I know the real reason you guys like S. Carolina so much!
Well it's about time. I was about to drive to Lowell and update your blog for you! I hope you guys are doing ok. I know it's hard to watch friends move. We love ya'll.
Post a Comment