Monday, April 12, 2010

Catching up...

I apologize for my lack of blogging late. Sometimes I get into a funk and just don't take the time to make a post. We have been enjoying the spring weather and trying to stay outside as much as possible. We spent most of Spring Break with Nate's family in Hot Springs honoring his cousin Chief Special Warfare Officer Adam Brown who was killed in combat on St. Patrick's day. He died a hero which was just his style. The Navy, his Seal team and hometown gave him a farewell that I will never forget. Nate wanted Will to remember Adam so we took him and Kate with us. I think it stuck with William. His teacher emailed me saying that Will had told her all about Adam and his funeral and how there was an American flag on his "casserole." I thought that was pretty cute. We managed to squeeze in a quick trip to the Tulsa Zoo before Will had to return to reality. Everyone enjoyed the time together.

Adam and his wife Kelley with their kids Nathan and Savannah...this is their last family picture taken before his deployment

Adam's body arriving at the Hot Springs airport

The Seal team and wives made this for Kelley-what a special gift. I think my favorite part of it is seeing his wedding ring on his finger.

My monkeys at the zoo... where they belong!

Will fit the form perfect...maybe that's why he is such a great climber.



Side note...when we got back from Hot Springs, Liv could officially sit up. I was gone two days and missed a milestone!

Easter was a lot of fun this year. The weather was beautiful so we got to celebrate outside! We flew kites, had egg races and had two egg hunts. Will kept shaking the eggs to make sure there was something inside. He got upset when he shook some and they didn't make a noise. From years of experience, I informed him that those are the best eggs...at my parent's house, it usually means there's a dollar bill. Pop and Nanny did not disappoint! :)
The Easter bunny paid us a visit and left these goodies.


A lovely family picture outside the church

Playing at Gramma & PePa's



Dinner at Pop & Nanny's


Will

Kate

Eli

Liv

This last Sunday, Liv turned 8 months old! She weighs 15 lbs and eats anything I put in front of her. Favorites include avocado, banana, yogurt and mum-mum rice crips. She sits up like a pro and army crawls everywhere. We went to Rachel's parent's house to see Rach's new studio (under construction), and she took a couple of pictures of sweet little Liv.



This little boy turns three next weekend! Such a cutie!

1 comments:

Bettina said...

reading that story again brings tears to my eyes.... !

but I love all the picture updates.