Friday, October 2, 2009

A Weekend in Savannah

This last Sunday one of my best friends Natalie Carnahan (or should I say, Natalie Baggs) tied the knot in Savannah, Georgia. Until a couple weeks ago, I was not going to be able to attend, but God provided and opened doors, and I am so thankful that I was there. Liv and I flew out early Saturday morning with another good friend Susan. Our flights were fairly uneventful, and Liv did great! We met up with the Johnsons' who drove down from Charleston to see us and spent the afternoon with them. We intended to go down on River Street, but a monsoon changed our plans to lunch and relaxing in their hotel--still fun. Liv got to play with her best friend Ava and although she was rather exhausted, she enjoyed the girl time. Saturday evening we attended the rehearsal dinner and got to catch up with old friends. Sunday was the big day, and we were all praying for the rain to hold off and it did! It was nothing but blue skies and sunshine. Natalie's wedding was in a little park in midtown. The said their vows under the most beautiful tree-it was a picturesque wedding and just what Natalie had always wanted. The reception was at a trendy little restaurant downtown called Cha Bella's where they had hors d'oeuvres, cake and dancing out on the patio-so fun. I could tell by the joy on Natalie's face that it had been a perfect day. After the wedding (and quite possibly the highlight of my trip) we embarked on a mission to find a Sonic so I could have a DIET DR PEPPER--for some reason, Savannah likes Pepsi products (yuck!), and I hadn't had one in three days(way to long). We had to drive through good ole' Thunderbolt, USA to get one, but it was totally worth it and made for a good time! Liv and I flew back Monday afternoon and were greeted by the rest of the gang at the airport. I was so glad to see them all and needless to say, Nate was thrilled to see me and have some relief from "mommy duty!" Thank you to everyone who made our little trip possible (& helped Nate out back at home)!

This is how we traveled through the airport. My little papoose turned quite a few heads.

Travel Buddies

Relaxing at the hotel


Natalie's rehearsal dinner

Two generations of friends

The ceremony at McCauley Park


The reception at Cha Bella's...they make a cute couple!

Me and Mrs. Baggs...my Natalie's a married woman now!



Happy faces at the Thunderbolt Sonic...praise the Lord, NW Arkansas has plenty! :)


On a different note, Liv is 7 weeks old this week and getting bigger everyday. She has started smiling and grabbing at things (my hair mainly). She still sleeps a lot but she is much more alert and interacts with us when she is awake. She is a sweetheart and so much fun to love!

0 comments: